Stocksy now offers videos! Here's the link to Stocksy's blog post for more information and about the launch. http://blog.stocksy.com/blog/2016/9/19/introducing-stocksy-video
You'll find my video clips at the link below.
Black Friday Specials have started at B&H Photo!
Woohoo, I just made it to 1,000 images in my Stocksy United portfolio! It's taken a little longer than I expected, but it's been a great journey and learning experience, now on to 2,000! With Stocksy adding video to the site this month, it should be a lot fun and a lot more learning. :-) Time to get back to shooting!
MELVILLE, N.Y., August 25, 2016 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to announce the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR camera, the next generation of the popular and versatile 5D series of Canon professional DSLR cameras. Building on this legendary legacy, the EOS 5D Mark IV propels the series forward with a fusion of features and enhancements targeted to please even the most discerning creative eyes. The camera's 30.4 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor offers stunning image quality while the DIGIC 6+ Image Processor delivers 4K 30P video and up to and seven frames per second (fps) continuous shooting. To make video shooting even easier, the camera also features Canon's propriety Dual Pixel CMOS AF, even when shooting 4K to help ensure sharp focus and subject tracking.
In addition, Canon is also introducing two new L-series EF lenses – the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens– offering fantastic edge-to-edge sharpness across the imaging plane, as well as improved durability and performance.
"Canon's EOS 5D series of DSLR cameras has a history of being at the forefront of still and video innovation. And today, we add to this family of cameras the EOS 5D Mark IV– the first in our 5D series to offer 4K video and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity," said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "In developing this new DSLR camera, we listened to the requests of current EOS users to create for them a modern, versatile camera designed to help them create and share beautiful still and video imagery."
"Outdoor photographers will really appreciate the new EOS 5D Mark IV, as it offers more resolution, better detail in the shadows, and improved speeds in autofocus and frame rate," reported acclaimed nature photographer and Canon Explorer of Light George Lepp. "With the fabulous resolution of 4K video and the ability to make beautiful prints from a frame of that video as an added bonus, this camera sets a new mid-range standard for nature photography."
EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab* of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps** continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW***, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
For more information on the Canon 5D Mark IV visit B&H Photo or here's Canon's press release.
Visit B&H Photo for more on the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens or the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
This summer we explored three fresh water springs north of Orlando; Blue Springs, Silver Glen Springs and Alexander Springs. They are a great place to go snorkeling and to spend the day hiking or a have picnic. The water is nice and clear, although it's bit cool, usually around 72-74 degrees. Silver Glen and Alexander Springs both have nice swallow areas which are great for the small swimmers in the family.
All images are available for licensing on Stocksy
I've been spending a lot of time with my Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro lens lately. One of my focuses has been on flowers and recently I came across these funky looking ones called Pin Cushion Proteas. Now these things are other worldly looking, especially up close, like the one below.
You can find this one and many more like it in my portfolio on Stocksy.